Hello! Somewhere out there it's June! While we sit hoping for a warmer summer season, please have a little read of our 10th member profile. This edition of In the Spotlight features Max Holt. Here's what he has to tell us:
1. How old are you? ~ 7 years old
2. Tell us about you and your family ~ I live in Hull with my Mum. We are hoping to move to a house with a bigger garden so I have more space to play more football!
3. Who is your favourite football team? ~ Manchester Utd and Hull City
4. Who is your favourite footballer? ~ David De Gea
5. How did you first hear about Hull Football Skills Academy? ~ I wanted to start football training and my friend’s brother comes here and recommended it
6. When did you start your football journey with the Academy? ~ 2 years ago
7. What made you stick with HFSA? ~ It’s fun
8. Do you play football in a team? ~ Not yet but I am nagging my Mum to let me!
9. Do you have any other hobbies? ~ Playing more football, drama, Beavers, more football and more football… oh and more football
10. What do you think is the best part of your academy sessions? ~ The matches! (Editor notes: Following key skills training, we then encourage small matches of 4v4, 5v5 etc to aid skills development).
11. What is your favourite football skill, and can you do it? ~ The rainbow flick, it is quite hard but I have done it
12. What other activities would you like to see at HFSA? ~ A hard question (lots of head scratching), maybe a little bit of goal keeping but I like it as it is
13. What advice would you give to someone new wanting to join us? ~ Join, give it a try, if you like it, stay!
We asked Mum, Wendy what she thought of HFSA and of Max coming along most weekends. She told us: "Max absolutely loves coming to the sessions, both his football skills and confidence have grown so much. His endless energy and enthusiasm amaze me. Max went to the Easter football camp and is really looking forward to the summer one. Thank you to Owen, Leah and Tom for all their help. The parents/carers and other children are so friendly too, even I am starting to like football a little!"
We have to agree with Mum here; Max definitely puts a lot of energy into his game playing, and is quite fearless at times. We hope he sleeps well for you on a Saturday night, Wendy! Well done Max and thank you for telling us a little about what makes you tick. Keep on kicking!