Welcome to the November issue of In the Spotlight. This month we chatted to our budding coach Tom Molino! Tom gives up three hours of his time every Saturday. He spends two hours voluteering with Owen and the other hour he is busy training himself - what a star! See what he has to tell us below:
1. How old are you? ~ 15
2. Tell us about you and your family ~ I was born in Holland, my Dad is Italian, and my Mum is English. My parents met in Guatamala on holiday while my Mum was living in Italy. We came to Hull when I was 5. My sister Emily was born when I was 6 years old
3. Who is your favourite football team? ~ Arsenal
4. Who is your favourite footballer? ~ I don't have one in particular but I admire: Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Lionel Messi and Eden Hazard
5. How did you first hear about Hull Football Skills Academy? ~ When Owen started the training I already knew him from the brazilian soccer schools
6. When did you start your football journey with the Academy? ~ Since it started in 2014
7. What made you stick with HFSA? ~ Great coaching, and I'm learning to become a coach with Owen's help
8. Do you play football in a team? ~ Yes, North Ferriby (previously played for Cottingham Panthers and Sproatley Juniors)
9. Do you have any other hobbies? ~ None in particular apart from going out with friends
10. What do you think is the best part of your academy sessions? ~ Developing my football skills and helping others develop theirs
11. What is your favourite football skill, and can you do it? ~ The Elastico, Hocus-Pocus and the Sombrero Flick – I can do all of them
12. What other activities would you like to see at HFSA? ~ Teaching more tactical work or some positioning training
13. What advice would you give to someone new wanting to join us? ~ Enjoy yourself and don't be afraid to try new things
We asked Tom's parents if they had anything to add. This is what Paulo & Susan had to say ~ We are always recommending Owen to friends whose kids play football as we think the discipline and coaching is really excellent. Tom started with Owen when he was little and really developed under his tuition. He has learnt so many skills from him, which has given him confidence in his playing during Sunday League matches. He is also the captain of his school football team (Trinity House Academy) and when he isn't playing football, he is either watching it on TV or playing Fifa!
Huge thanks to Tom and his family for taking part. It's quite clear that Tom has such a passion for football, that there's no wonder he has little time for any other hobbies. Tom, well done - you will go far! Lastly, THANK YOU for all your hard work with the Academy.