It's December and time for a new Spotlight feature! This month we meet The Charlesworth-Bannister boys. Jacob, Louie and Harry all attend Academy sessions, meaning they and their parents spend 3 hours with us every Saturday. They tell us what makes them tick at HFSA below:
1. How old are you? ~ Jacob 10, Louie 7, Harry 4
2. Tell us about you and your family: ~ We are a family of 5. Life is very busy but we always make time for HFSA every Saturday!
3. Who is your favourite football team? ~ Jacob & Louie both agree on Barcelona!
4. Who is your favourite footballer? ~ Jabob - Neymar. Louie - Messi
5. How did you first hear about Hull Football Skills Academy? ~ From Owen himself. We first met him at Brazillian Soccer and followed him to the Academy
6. When did you start your football journey with the Academy? ~ From the very first week, when Owen started his new business HFSA!
7. What made you stick with HFSA? ~ Jacob, Louie & Harry all say - It’s fun. We enjoy the skills and matches. Owen helps us if we can’t do something. Louie & Harry add - We like Tom too. He helps us
8. Do you play football in a team? ~ Jacob - Yes. Hessle Sporting Tigers. Louie - I am desperate to find a team!
9. Do you have any other hobbies? ~ Jacob - Coding/Computers, Table tennis. Louie - Table tennis, Swimming. Harry - Swimming
10. What do you think is the best part of your academy sessions? ~ Jacob - Matches and Shooting. Louie - Skills and Matches. Harry - I like playing games. All - We like getting ‘Legend of the Week' and we have met some very good friends from attending HFSA (Jacob and Daniel Gray). We look forward to seeing them and others too
11. What is your favourite football skill, and can you do it? ~ Jacob - Maradona turn & Rainbow flick – I can do Maradona turn when playing but I can only do a Rainbow flick in training when stood still. Louie - Rainbow flick but I can’t do it yet! Harry - Scoring and Dabbing LOL!!
12. What other activities would you like to see at HFSA? ~ Louie - I would like a trophy and medal & certificate at the end of the term!
13. What advice would you give to someone new wanting to join us? ~ Jacob - Just turn up with the appropriate footwear and shin pads! Louie - It’s difficult at first but when you get the hang of it, it’s easy! Owen shows us the skills first and then we have a go. Harry -It’s fun!
We asked Mum Emma and Dad Simon if they wanted to add anything. They said: Owen is a brilliant coach! He has the skills and knowledge to teach the children. He develops their confidence, both physically and socially. He has a firm but fair approach with the children and he always makes the sessions interesting and fun. We attend all three sessions on a Saturday; each session matches the age and ability of our children. The children and parents that attend HFSA are very friendly too. We would definitely recommend the Academy to others!
Massive thanks go to the Charlesworth-Bannister family. It's always a pleasure to see the boys and their beaming smiles, week in and out. We also love that it's a real family affair. Keep up the hard work, boys!