Happy February! It's time to meet another one of our fabulous HFSA kids, and with no further introduction, here is Oliver Robinson!
1. How old are you? ~ I am 9 years old and in year 4 at school
2. Tell us about you and your family: ~ I love playing football anywhere and play whenever I can especially at school. I live with my mum and dad, my big brother James, little brother Jacob and my mum is having another baby in May
3. Who is your favourite football team? ~ I love playing football but don't have a favourite team
4. Who is your favourite footballer? ~ I don't have a favourite but love the players who invent new skills like Maradona, Ronaldo and Messi
5. How did you first hear about Hull Football Skills Academy? ~ I really wanted to learn to play football and my mum found HFSA on the internet
6. When did you start your football journey with the Academy? ~ I started HFSA in September 2016
7. What made you stick with HFSA? ~ I really look forward to Saturdays. Learning football skills from Owen is fun, he explains things really well and I have made lots of friends at the Academy
8. Do you play football in a team? ~ Not yet but I hope to play for my school team soon
9. Do you have any other hobbies? ~ I love skateboarding, and running. I belong to a cub pack, and go to a musical theatre group every week
10. What do you think is the best part of your academy sessions? ~ I love learning new skills and then getting to practice them in the game at the end
11. What is your favourite football skill, and can you do it? ~ My favourite skill is keepy uppy because you can always try to beat your last score and improve. I am trying to learn the Maradona Turn at the minute, but its hard!
12. What other activities would you like to see at HFSA? ~ I think it would be cool to have a skills competition for the whole academy and an end of year party
13. What advice would you give to someone new wanting to join us? ~ I'd tell them to come and join us - it's really fun and friendly
We asked Mum, Leonie what she thinks of Oliver's sessions with the academy. Leonie tells us ~ Oliver always enjoys coming to HFSA, he bounces out of bed and into his kit every week. Owen is always kind and patient and supports everyone learning new skills. Oliver enjoys coming so much, that his younger brother has joined the earlier group and, despite being shy in new situations, he also loves coming. The confidence and skills the children gain are a pleasure to watch
Oliver, thank you lots for your article this month. You certainly are a pleasure to have in the group. You're enthusiasm is infectious.. and your little brother, Jacob, is just as keen! Thanks for coming every week and keep practising that turn; you're sure to master it very soon!